Wednesday 6 March 2013

I SHALL BE THE HEAD PT5


BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Ex 5, Luke 8, Job 22, 1 Cor 9

Deuteronomy 28:13 and the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them.

In these series we have been talking about what it means to be the head. Yesterday we talked about a part of the head which is the ear. We said to be the head means I will hear what the Lord has to say even if it is a rebuke. Ecclesiastes 7:5 says it is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.

Today we will be looking at an important part of the head which is the mouth. From the mouth we eat, drink, e.t.c. What makes the mouth very important is the presence of the tongue. Proverbs 18:21 says death and life are in the power of the tongue. What the head does with the tongue will determine whether the body will live or die. What the head does with the tongue will determine if there will be peace in the family, church, work, e.t.c. A leader can get the people to do double time by what he says. James 4:2 says ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Using the tongue to complain never solves any problem, it only makes the problem look bigger; it is prayer that solves problem. To be head means instead of complaining, I will take everything to God in prayer. Psalms 50:14-15 says offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. What took David to the top? He was a forgotten boy in the farm. The father did not want him around. Bible scholars told us that he was an embarrassment to the father. The old man messed up with a woman and the product of the affair was David. So whenever the family was around they would keep David away because he represents shame. While in the forest, David began to praise God. He said it is true no one wants to see me but I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth, Psalm 34:1. The Lord decided that in that case, I will promote you. It is true that no one wants see you (David), but I will promote you so that you will be their head. He decided that it is true they have relegated you (David) to the background, but I will bring you (David) to the palace. Anyone who knows how to praise the Lord will be head. When you say I shall be head, what you are saying is instead of complaining, I will praise the Lord. There is a reason why the head has two ears and a mouth. James 1:19 says wherefore , my beloved brethren , let every man be swift to hear ,slow to speak, slow to anger .The Leader is expected see more, hear more and talk less.

KEY WORD: When you say I shall be the head, what you are saying is I will be quick to hear and slow to wrath.

No comments:

Post a Comment