Saturday 19 October 2013

KEEP THE ROAD CLEAR PT2


MEMORY VERSE: Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear but your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear, Isaiah 59:1-2

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deut 8, Ps 91, Isa 36, Rev 6

One thing I have learnt in the few years I have spent on earth is that challenges don’t give notice. They come at unexpected times, this minute all is well the next minute it is not. A prime example is found in 2 kings 4:18-2, the son of the Shunem woman was in high spirit in the morning, running all around the house. By noon he began to complain of headache and before you know it the boy passed away. I pray this will never be your portion in Jesus name. Many a times God reveal things to us before it happens but once in a while he might decide to not reveal them. The reason been that He is sovereign, not only that so that we don’t get too complacent. When the son of the Shunem woman died, the Lord decided not to tell Elisha anything. That was why Elisha said the Lord had hid these things from me, 2 Kings 4:27. The Lord is not a talkative, He is God and He is not obliged to reveal anything to anyone but when He does please don’t take it for granted.


When you look at fire stations, they do not permit cars around their offices because emergency might occur. The last thing they want is cars blocking the entrances when called to an emergency. The same thing applies to us. The path between us and God needs to be clear at all times. Psalm 66:18 says if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me. We need to keep ourselves pure at all times. The only thing that can hinder God from hearing us when we cry to him is sin. Isaiah 59:1-2 says behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear but your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Just a week ago a sister called her dad only to be told that her dad was lying on unconscious on the floor. Immediately she asked the lady that picked up the phone to put the phone in the dad’s ear and began to pray for him. Within 5 minutes this man regained consciousness. The question is what if this sister had been gossiping with her friends before she called that day what would have happened? What if there someone she was not greeting, do you think the Lord will have heard cry? On Monday I was on my way to church when I met an elderly man and he began to share the bible with me. From nowhere a man came and started shouting at us. The next minute he took a pen knife and tried to stab me on the neck. I don’t how I did it but I somehow dodged and this man ran into the railing behind me. He tried again and he fell, later he left and walked back to the car. I have never met this man before in my life, I didn’t say a word to me yet he attacked me. Thank God for the Holy Spirit. The question is what if I was on my back from where I went to commit fornication? By now I would be history.

KEY POINT: Keep the road between you and God clear because you don’t know what is going to happen in the next minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment