Friday 26 February 2016

EMBRACE THE TRUTH



MEMORY VERSE: And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 3-4

What is the definition of “truth”? According to John 14, Jesus Christ is the Truth. Verse 6 says, “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” There are one or two things you need to know about the Truth. Whenever the Truth speaks, He speaks the truth. In other words, any word that comes out of the mouth of our Lord Jesus Christ is the truth! Why? Because the Truth cannot tell lies. If the Truth says He is with you, then He is with you. Numbers 23:19 says, “God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?” It is men that tell lies, the Truth does not tell lies. The Truth says, “lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world (Matthew 28:20)”. Friend, it does not matter what you are going through today, remember God is right by your side. Deuteronomy 31:6 says, “Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.” 

The truth cannot be hidden. Someone once said “three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” Even if you bury the truth because you don’t like it, it will re-surface literally after ‘three’ days. You cannot hide the truth. The Lord asked Cain, after he murdered his brother out of jealousy, “Where is Abel thy brother?” He responded and said, “I know not: Am i my brother’s keeper?” He tried to hide the truth but unknown to him, the truth cannot be hidden. Genesis 4:10 says, “And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.” Ananias and Sapphira also tried to hide the truth. Acts 5:3 says, “But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?” You can neither hide the truth nor hide from the truth. No wonder the psalmist says  “Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee (Psalm 139:7-12)". You can’t run from the truth no matter how fast you run. You cannot fight the Truth. Acts 26: 14 says, “And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.” It is hard to kick against the truth; you will only hurt yourself by doing so. The only thing you can do is embrace it. You cannot fight the truth and win. Whenever someone tells you the truth about your character or your behavior, instead of getting angry humbly accept it and change. John 8:32 says, “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” Freedom comes the moment a man embraces the Truth. 

Question: How long are you going to run from the truth? 

NOTE: You cannot destroy the truth. And the truth is this, only Jesus can save. You will only be fulfilled when Jesus takes His place in your life. You will only know true peace when He becomes the Lord and Master of your life. 

twitter@BroOluwatoki 

Bro Samuel | Reaching the world

No comments:

Post a Comment