Tuesday 17 January 2017

KEYS TO HEARING FROM GOD

MEMORY VERSE: As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. Acts 13:2

BIBLE READING: Number 33-36

As children of the living God; we must be able to hear when God, our Father in heaven, speaks. I decided early in my Christian journey that I will do everything to hear when God speaks. I thank God for His kindness; today, I can humbly say that I hear from Him from time to time. God’s word brings God’s peace. Philippians 4:7 says: “And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” One of the benefits of hearing from God is that His word brings about a peace of heart. The reason why many of us are worried is because we have not heard from God concerning the issues we are facing. I am not worried about my tomorrow because God told me that my tomorrow will be alright. I am at peace because the Creator of the heavens and the earth, the Controller of seasons, the One who said, “let there be light and there was light”, said that my tomorrow will be alright. It does not matter what I am going through today.

One important reason why you need to do everything to hear when God speaks is this, your ability to hear when God speaks could save your life. Many years ago, some boys from one of the Baptist Churches in Ireland planned to watch the big Ulster Tourist Trophy race. They arranged to meet up at a good vantage point, Taylors Lamp, on one of the bends in the circuit. It was a spot everyone loved so they decided to get there by 4am so as to save space. As one of the boys was dressing up on the day of the race, the Lord told him to sit at home and read his Bible. Being a young man at the time, he argued with the Lord and then, obeyed. At exactly 3pm, he had a terrible bang. He knew where the sound came from so he ran to the circuit, to Taylors Lamp, where he was supposed to be standing. The scene was one of carnage. One of the racing cars had spun off the track and seven people lay dead. Right there at Taylors Lamp, he saw the appalling sight of a man’s severed head. He looked around for his friends but could not find them. Later, he heard that his friends had moved off to another spot when he didn’t turn up. Imagine for a second that this brother was spiritually deaf, what would have happened to him and his friends.

NOTE: Acts 13:2 says: “As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said...”One of the keys to hearing from God is ministering to Him in praying and fasting. As you praise Him and worship Him regularly, He will speak to you.

twitter@BroOluwatoki

Bro Samuel | Reaching the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment