Sunday 10 June 2018

THE POWER OF ASKING


MEMORY VERSE: Ask, and it will be given to you; [b]seek, and you will find; [c]knock, and it will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7
BIBLE STUDIES: Matthew 7:7-9
There is power in asking (for help, questions, etc). Our chances of receiving things from God e.g. blessings, help, spiritual gifts, answers to questions, divine guidance, deliverance, etc., increases when we ask Him. Matthew 7:7 says: “Ask, and it will be given to you….” Had the blind man in Luke 18:38-43 not asked our Lord Jesus Christ to restore his sight, the man would probably have spent the rest of his life in darkness.
Our chances of receiving things from people e.g. help, answers to questions, directions, etc., increases when we ask them. Regardless of how prayerful you are as a man, you can miss out on a good woman if you don’t ask her to marry you.
Our chances of increasing our reservoir of knowledge increases when we ask questions. In addition, our chances of improving our quality of life increases by asking the right questions. You can start by asking yourself some critical questions e.g. why do I do what I do? Why do I dress the way I dress? Why do I speak the way I speak? Why do I have the friends I have? What I am about to do, will it add value to my life? What I am about to do, will it move me closer to the purpose of God for my life and my goal? Am i getting closer to my goals ? Am I making the best use of my time? Is this relationship pushing me closer to God and my goals or further away? Am I spending my hard earned resources on things that matter? I spend time praying, do I spend enough time to develop the right skills to achieve my goals? The people advising me, do they have my best interest at heart? The people advising me, will they give the same advise they are giving to me to their partners or their children? The people advising me, have they proven themselves to me that they care about me? Am i spending my time helping others fulfil to their goals and purpose in life while my goals and purpose suffer?
NOTE: Questions can reveal motives and agendas. Question improves knowledge. One question you must always ask yourself is why I am doing what I am doing.
Samuel Oluwatoki

No comments:

Post a Comment