Sunday 27 January 2013

I AM MY BELOVED’S

 BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Gen 28, Matt 27, Esth 4, Acts 27

Songs of Solomon 6:3 I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine: He feedeth among the lilies.

What the Shulamite woman meant by I am my beloved’s is I no longer own myself again, I belong to my beloved. She was saying i am no longer in charge of my body, my time and resources. What she was saying was that I have giving up my identity and taken the identity of my beloved in other words i have become invisible so that my beloved will become visible. What she saying was that I having giving my aspirations, my past, present and future, even my decision making to my beloved. In other words I have giving all to my beloved. After giving up everything, the next thing she said was ‘and my beloved is mine’ which means I own all my beloved has. This woman had to first give herself to get her beloved in return.

There are one or two lessons to learn from this verse. Firstly, to get anything you must be ready to give yourself to it. There is a price for everything. There is a price for success, good husband or wife, good home, even to get to heaven. The price to get to heaven is by been born again. John 3:3 says except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. To get anything in life you must ready to give all. Secondly, whatever you will own will be determined by what you are willing to give. God is not a respecter of persons but a respecter of principles, Acts 10:34.There are two important principles for receiving anything in life- giving and asking. Luke 6:38 says give and it shall be given unto you. It is only when you give that you can expect something in return. There are many who go to God with long list of prayer requests daily but they are not ready to give up their time to serve in the vine yard of God or evangelize. That is not how things work in the kingdom of God. Even God had to give something to save our soul. John 3:16 says for God so loved the world that He gave. The second principle is asking. Matthew 7:8 says ask, and it shall be given you. You only stand a chance of receiving when you ask. Brethren, after giving you are required to ask. God knows all your needs before you come to Him, but He expects you to ask. God knew what Solomon was going to ask Him, but He still said to him ‘ask, what I shall give thee, 2 Chronicles 1:7’. The bible says ask not complain. It says ask not grumble or get angry at God. We are limited by request! The reason why many get into problem is because they do not seek counsel or ask questions. It is not a sin not to know actually there is a saying which goes it is better to ask a stupid question than to make a stupid mistake. Proverbs 15:22 says without counsel purposes are disappointed. Proverbs 11:14 says in the multitude of counselors there is safety. How did the Shulamite get her beloved? She gave herself, Songs of Solomon 6:3.After that she asked for her beloved. The whole book of Song of Solomon is filled with the Shulamite asking for her beloved. How can I get Christ on my side? Firstly give yourself to Him and secondly ask Him to come to you. It is impossible to have Christ by your side if you are not willing to give yourself to Him. It will be a waste of time to give yourself to Him and not ask Him to come into your life or challenges . Matthew 7:8 says for everyone that asketh recieveth. Before you go and ask, ensure that are truly His.

PRAYER POINT: Father, I want you in every facet of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment